The Group thanks the following supporters who have assisted the group.
Canon projector 2014
Lend Lease Community Day 2013
The Group thanks Lend Lease for including the group as part of Community Day 2013. Community Day has been operating since 1996. This much loved initiative gives Lend Lease employees the opportunity to give back to the communities in which they live and work.
Each year the more than 4000 Lend Lease employees around the world volunteer their time and lend their skill, resources and abilities to their local community projects. Community Day supports Lend Lease’s vision of becoming a sustainable organisation.
A large project team of 45 Lend Lease staff, Scouts volunteers, suppliers and contractors converged on the Hall on Thursday, 19 September 2013.
On the day Lend Lease was supported by:
- Coates Hire – Donated the hire of many tools, ladders, barrows, shovels, rakes etc. even a BobCat for a couple of days. Jack King appeared on the day and drove the BobCat all day doing the heavy lifting for everyone. We would not have got everything finished without him. Thanks so much Jack and Coates Hire.
- Dulux – Donated litres of paints, paint brushes, drop sheets, rollers and poles. Then they helped all day, painting the kitchen, the end wall of the hall, bathroom and corridors. A fantastic job guys, much appreciated.
- DATS – Very kindly donated two skip bins, and then when we had filled them they supplied a third. The difference is incredible, we cleaned out all the mess under the hall, in storage rooms everywhere, and literally tonnes of mess from the front and back of the hall.
- Forbo Flooring Systems – Are going to donate a new kitchen floor. This will happen in the next few weeks. Thanks so much Forbo. What a difference that is going to make.
In addition the following companies substantially discounted their prices for us:
- Anchor Safe Systems Pty Ltd – roof safety anchors to keep us safe in future when we need to clean the gutters or get on the roof to clear off branches
- Global Mesh Services – gutter guard for all our gutters to help keep leaves out of the new rain water tanks clean
- Geographic Solutions – performed a site survey and got a scale plan back to us within three days of us asking for help
- Guzman and Gomez – Gave a massive discount for the burritos and threw in the chips, salsa and guacamole for free.
The group also thanks Councillor Jilly Gibson, Mayor of North Sydney, for facilitating expedient Council advice on the works and to the numerous people at Council who also assisted. In coming weeks North Sydney Council’s Bushland Project Team are going to assist with landscaping around the hall.
A massive amount of work was completed on the day including:
- Pavers at the front of the hall – removing rubbish, clearing the front area, levelling the ground, laying pavers and preparing for a new fire pit out the front of the hall
- Painting crew – paint the kitchen, hall end wall, bathroom and hallways
- Out the back of the hall – removing rubbish, installing a bollard, laying pavers, digging and installing silt mesh, building a low retaining wall
- Kitchen tidy up – laying tiles, mounting cabinets, fixing broken items
- Meeting room – new furniture
- Basement cleaning – remove rubbish, clean out storage, reorganise remaining items, glass brick window, hanging rail for life jackets and new furniture
- Landscaping including lots of gardening, weeding and rubbish removal
- Odds and Sods – more than 30 minor maintenance tasks around the building, gutter guard and roof safety anchors
- Electrical works including a safety check, indoor safety lights, RCD circuit breakers and an outdoor light
The kitchen tiles were generously supplied by Joe from Tilecraft in Crows Nest (129 Willoughby Rd on the corner with Chandos St). They can be contacted on 02 9437 9955.
TATA generously sent a team along to the hall on a corporate volunteer day and they painted shutters and cleaned gutters.
Artarmon Mowers generously gave the group a lawn mower.
Kitchen, Oven and Dishwasher
The kitchen, oven and dishwasher were very kindly donated by Bruce Rolph & Judi MacCormick.