Joey Scouts is for boys and girls aged 6-8. We meet on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 – 7:00pm.
In Joey Scouts, boys and girls as they learn to share and care for each other in a social environment, and also gain more understanding of the world around them. Joeys learn how to recognise native birds and animals and develop an understanding of the impact of our modern world on the environment.
Joey Scouts are encouraged to express themselves creatively, through games, stories and craft activities.
The programs in Joey Scouts emphasise co-operation and participatory learning.
- Participating in games, activities, crafts, stories, songs, play acting, prayers and outdoor activities.
- Co-operating in fun games and activities that also require sharing, helping and pulling together.
- Competing against oneself and others using small ad hoc groups with the accent on fun.
- Playing in an atmosphere created by trained Leaders, in the style of Scouting and based on the values of the Scout Law and Scout Promise.
- Broadening the children’s experiences and understandings of the world around them through the use of displays, objects, visitors, outings and explanations.
- Preparing Joey Scouts for the wider program of Scouting through weekly meetings, Joey Fun Days, themed sleepovers, and Mob family camps.
Joey Scout Motto
Help Other People (HOP)
Joey Scout Promise
I promise to do my best,
To love my God
And be helpful.
Joey Scout Law
A Joey Scout cares,
A Joey Scout shares.
See the Scouts Australia website here.